A heart valve replacement is a form of surgery where you go on to remove the damaged or deceased valve with a mechanical or a tissue. With this valve the symptoms will be reduced and you can go on to reduce symptoms in the form of breathing problems or chest congestion. Heart valve replacement cost surgery cost in India is on the lower side. Here you would need to avail the services of quality surgeons who go on to a great job.
It would be prudent on your part to get in touch with the top hospitals of the country. Here you would need to be aware of the fact that the mechanical valve is made from synthetic materials and when it is the case of tissue valves, the tissues of animals come into the picture. If you are suffering from chest pain due to angina this pain will be a thing of the past.
How to prepare for the surgery?
- First and foremost the physician is going to undertake a detailed physical examination in order to certify the fact that you are fit for the surgery or not. Coupled with the fact you would that need to be part of blood and diagnostic tests before you opt for the procedure.
- In case if you are planning to undertake the procedure you will be asked to fast before the procedure and this is going to be around 8 hours.
- In the event of you being pregnant or suspected to be pregnant then you should inform your doctor. Do inform the doctor about any over the counter medicines or herbal products if you are into them as well.
- At the same time do inform them if you have any bleeding disorders. It is important that you inform your surgeon if you are into any blood thinning medicines. Sometimes they need to be stopped before the surgery.
- If you are into smoking you should inform the surgeon before the procedure. For sure this may go a long way in improving the successful outcome of the surgery. In fact this is going to have a positive impact on the recovery process as well.
- If you are having a pacemaker does inform your surgeon as well.
The surgery is not a straight forward one as there does arise a lot of risks as well. There is a strong chance that any form of infection may develop in the valve. Before you opt for this you would need to be part of dental or surgical medicines. This would reduce the risk of the procedure to a considerable extent. More often than not the doctor will prescribe a host of medicines so that the blood clots are reduced.
It is not that surgery works out to be the best form of treatment. You can be part of medicines in order to reduce the excess amount of fluid. By doing so the blood pressure is also under control. All these medications go on to combat the issues that arise with the valve.